Daniel,

Thanks  for answering.

> your AIC is monotonic increasing

That was the reason I suspected something is wrong, but what?

Either the way I calculate the number of estimiated parameters?
Or the (scale of the) Likelihood itself?

> Have you tried a dimensional reduction technique or to investigate the
> wieghtings on your paramaters (eigenvalues in spectral decomp - principal
components analysis).  Maybe some of those factors are not contributing?

The data was simulated, so we know what it is.

Best regards

Jens Oehlschlägel