Dear all,
Currently, I attempted to compare spatial aggregation of species across
latitude. I plan to use pcf.ppp() function in ‘spatstat’ package. I also
have a question about the parameter ‘bandwidth’ in pcf function.In
pcf.ppp() function, the argument bw (bandwidth) is a default value, using
Epanechnikov kernel with support [−h, h] chosen by the rule of thumb h =
c/sqrt(λ), bw=h/sqrt(5) is related to lambda which varies with species
abundance. This may affect the comparison of spatial aggregation of species
with different abundance.So my question is, should I choose h as a constant
(e.g., h=30 m, Wiegand, 2007) or use the default method in pcf.ppp()
function?Best regards, Bei Yao