Please do read Sarah Goslee's sensible reply to a different thread:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2013-October/019577.html

see:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/attachments/20131017/8bacc39c/attachment.pl

because the thread was in HTML.

Although it is flattering that users seem to believe that all new methods are implemented first by "somebody" in R and released as packages, this is not the case. Many methods are still unfortunately published as working papers or published articles with no implementation (so would nevver be published in statistics journals). Those who also write and provide code are often sceptical when faced with methods proposals with no way of checking whether an implementation actually matches the method.

When asking about new and speculative methods, look first in the usual search mechanisms, and if asking on the list, do provide clear and complete references to papers/articles so that it is clear what you are asking about. Showing whether there is anything like what you ask about is also sensible, spatial probit is in the McSpatial and spatialprobit packages, but they are neither panel nor multinomial. My guess is that you are looking at land use change, but there you probably also need to worry about the units of observation, and possible non-linear covariates. A brief description (one sentence) of why you are asking also helps.

Hope this clarifies,

Roger