Also, this paper has some example R code (in Ecological Archives) to
simulate a track from bivariate random walk.

@ARTICLE{patterson2010using,
  author = {Patterson, T.A. and McConnell, B.J. and Fedak, M.A. and
Bravington,
 M.V. and Hindell, M.A.},
  title = {{Using GPS data to evaluate the accuracy of state-space methods
for
 correction of Argos satellite telemetry error}},
  journal = {Ecology},
  year = {2010},
  volume = {91},
  pages = {273--285},
  number = {1},
  publisher = {Eco Soc America}
}

I'm not sure if the supplement is availalbe publicly, but if not and you
don't have access you could perhaps email the author:

http://www.esapubs.org/archive/ecol/E091/020/suppl-1.htm#anchorFilelist

Cheers, Mike.

--
Michael Sumner
Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania
Hobart, Australia
e-mail: mdsum...@gmail.com

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]