Hello Craig -

On 29/11/2003, at 11:50 AM, Craig Gittens wrote:

Ok I understand how AuthBy works now.

So am I correct in my understanding that if AcctColumnDef and
AcctSQLStatement are used in the same AuthBY that the default
AcctInsertQuery is also run?

Any AcctSQLQuery's are run in addition to what is defined by the AcctColumnDef's.

The question after that if the answer is yes:
Does it do an AcctInsertQuery for more than the start record if you specify
HandleAcctStatusType Start?

No. If you specify "HandleAcctStatusType Start", only Start's will be processed. That is why you need the two AuthBy clauses.

I don't want to break the system I already have. There doesn't seem a fast
and friendly way to do what I want using radiator and every time I think I
may have it solved another problem crops up with the logic!?!?! I guess this
is my own fault since I don't know how to code in PERL.

I don't quite understand this. It is very simple to add a second AuthBy SQL clause as I showed in my previous mail, why is there a problem?

regards

Hugh

NB: have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets), together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?

-
-