From: javier.valen...@vtgonline.com
To: rbase-l@googlegroups.com
Sent: 9/3/2021 10:09:31 AM
Subject: RE: [RBASE-L] - Doing a replace in a data field in RBASE

I am curious as to why you want to change “Ln” to “Lane”?

In my applications I have done the opposite since it makes it compatible with most every other application out there that use the address for GIS location; we don’t even allow a dot (“.”) after the description. The caveat is that my applications are used by Public Works agencies that deal with numerous variations of the same name and need to interface with GIS systems and the address is typically stored as separate components and a computed column merges them all together.

Javier,

Javier Valencia, PE

913-915-3137