Thank you all for your thoughts on tires!  I've learned a lot by reading
these responses and have enjoyed the different view points.  Thanks for
taking the time to respond with your experience and advice.  It sounds like
there are lots of options that would enhance the Platy's ride.

BTW, my Platy frame arrived today via the big brown truck. Alas, still
awaiting the wheels.

--Joyce