My winter project is dialing the Hunqapillar in as a winter bike.  The
29x2.1 Nokian's have been great.  This weekend I swapped out the drops
for moustache bars to give me some leverage when I'm fighting the
tussocks.  So far, so good.  The next challenge will come when it gets
really cold and certain bearings stiffen up.  I figure I'll get
everything ideal by springtime, when I'll start dialing in the
Hunqapillar as a dirt road touring machine.  And next winter I'll buy
an actual snow bike, so everything I will have learned with the
Hunqapillar will go straight out the window.