Well, the discussion had just turned into what to eat during those long
rides, carbs being the traditional option and now, with Grant's web post
regarding Taube's book that triggered this thread, what would the high
protein/high fat alternative be and whether it would be viable and provide
the required energy to sustain a rider through one of these long rides.

I can say that for me this is a very interesting thread as I am planning to
do those rides but not planning on eating the traditional carbs... :-)

René