>From 60F to about 40F I wear plain leather work gloves, like yard gloves,
from the local farm supply (TSC in Indiana).  They keep the wind off and
aren't hot as I warm up.  Last pair was 11yrs old when I lost them, so
trying deer skin gloves this year from same shop.  So far, even better
purchase on cork grips, and already soft.  As dedicated riding gloves,
leather lasts "forever", or until you forget where you stashed them...