You are probably starting Tundra without any storage directories. This
means that when you choose to upload, Tundra does not know the
location to import the assets to.

For instructions how to work offline on a scene, see the 'How to work
offline' instruction text in Tundra start menu. If the steps are still
cryptic, let us know, and we can try improving the help text file.