Further to this:
The source for the 'last of the wild herds' in Montana was Canada where they have been
preserved and roam wild
in many areas. The original wild herd in Montana was extinct.
Bison are huge animals and the Australian grasslands would not support them and would
necessitate supplementary
feeding. In any case, giving them 'sanctuary' in Australia is not necessary when they
are very plentiful in
Canada still.

Trudy