On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, John Summerfield wrote:

> > Hello!
> >
> > One question: I have a problem  with rpc.lockd: When I use the Kernel that
> > came with RH6.1 everything works fine, but when I try to compile my own
> > kernel, I get the error:
> >
> > lockdsvc: Invalid argument
> >
> > Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?
>
> I presume you don't have this:
> [summer@possum summer]$ grep LOCK /usr/src/linux/.config
> CONFIG_LOCKD=y

It was compiled as a module, I now tried it to compile it into the kernel
and it made no difference, still the same error...

Question is if this is a Kernel Problem, or if the problem is in
rpc.lockd....

LL&P

Ulrich Kiermayr                                                 ¯Q§Q »ôº¸³Á¨à
| | / / |,---' Ulrich Kiermayr    Inst. for Theoret. Physics, Univ. of Vienna
| |/ /| ||_      ICQ: 14960483          eMail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|   ( | | _:      or: 17858333          Web: http://www.thp.univie.ac.at/~kie
| |\ \| ||     @Home: Dampierrestr. 4/12, A-1140 Vienna;      +43(676)5716607
| | \ \ |`---, @Work: Boltzmanngasse 5, A-1090 Vienna;       +43(1)4277/51555
          Far I dipt into the Future, far as human eye could see;
       Saw the vision of the World and all the Wonder that would be
                                                         -- Alfred Tennyson