On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 11:52:20AM -0400, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Mike A. Harris" ) writes:
>
> > RedHat has a habit of moving HOWTO's that are old and
> > unmaintained into an "unmaintained" directory with the
> > distribution.
>
> No, we don't (AFAIK) - we distribute the LDP HOWTOs as is. They decide
> which are old and unmaintained, and which are not - I suggest you
> contact them. http://www.linuxdoc.org shoud give more information.

Yes, this is a LDP classification. HOWTOs are assumed to be maintained
unless the author notifies LDP otherwise. Or, it is somehow brought to
their attention such as repeated mails to the author bounce, etc. Even
then, I get the feeling there is not a ready procedure for classifying
something as 'unmaintained' short of the author declaring such.

I just went thru this with a couple of other HOWTOs FWIW. I am
thinking of updating them. In fact, if I can get the tools to install
right, I will.

--
Hal B