On 9 Jul 2000, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

>> RedHat has a habit of moving HOWTO's that are old and
>> unmaintained into an "unmaintained" directory with the
>> distribution.
>
>No, we don't (AFAIK) - we distribute the LDP HOWTOs as is. They decide
>which are old and unmaintained, and which are not - I suggest you
>contact them. http://www.linuxdoc.org shoud give more information.

Sorry..  I didn't mean to imply anything bad by it.  I used to
get LDP HOWTO's manually from sunsite in a big tar.gz file, and
they were all in a single directory.  Then I just used the redhat
HOWTO's and noticed they were in different dirs.  I assumed
redhat sorted them out - which was a useful thing IMHO.

>> The 3dfx-HOWTO is horribly out of date, covers only up to the
>> Voodoo II card.  In addition it claims that GLIDE is proprietary,
>> and the source is only available under NDA.  I am almost certain
>> that I've read about 3dfx releasing GLIDE as open source sometime
>> this or last year, and supporting the linux community...
>
>You can find the source on http://linux.3dfx.com, if memory serves.

Thanks, I've been there, but got a access denied or something the
other day.  I'll try again.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.