Matt Marlow wrote:

> Hi, I've been working on a program that is supposed to generate
> a SIGIO signal whenever there is a read or write on a certain
> file descriptor. Yet it seems no matter what I do (short of a
> "kill( SIGIO, getpid() )") I cannot get a SIGIO generated under
> Redhat 6.2!

Matt,

I've never used SIGIO myself, but came across its usage recently
in someone else's program - namely xntpd source code. That
program uses SIGIO as the way to implement asynchronous
communications. It works under RH 6.2 (that's how I get my time
syncronized). You might look through its code to what they are
doing to get it working.

Another place to look at would be R.W.Steven's supplimentary
source code for his latest Network Programming book. His code
if I remembered correcty was ported and works on Linux.

Good luck,

Vladislav Grinchenko   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Integral Systems, Inc.   http: www.integ.com