[EMAIL PROTECTED] (kenneth topp ) writes:

> > >  1) no jdk works (tried 4 of them)
> >
> > That is being checked as I write.
>
> Awesome.  I hope some details (especially when fixes to the problem are
> available) are shared to this list.  Jdk's are perhaps the most widely
> installed binary only program on linux (noting that netscape will be
> replaced with mozilla).

It's been verified. We'll look into it.

> Yes, just did, this "read info on load" capability didn't work in that
> version either.  This functionality is basically that mp3's on the
> playlist get scanned for any id3 information.  That scanning doesn't occur
> on load, but it does when the song get's played (ie: read info on
> demand).  This is likely an issue with glibc or a bug with xmms.  I'll
> poke in the code (xmms ;) and see.

Great. Please do.

> > >  3) cannot build latest modutils (version 2.3.12)
> >
> > Tried the one in rawhide?
>
> Yes, not to compile it, but functionally it works.  The later 2.3.12
> version recently released has some better support for devfs (but
> apparently not completely necessary).

I don't think that is important to us yet.

> Pine doesn't have the old backspace functionality it used to (remove chars
> to the left of cursor). The backspace behaves the same as delete.  I'm
> sticking to the rh6.2 ncurses4 version of pine for now.

I know, and I'm looking into that tomorrow. It was just not at the top
of my list of things to fix right today. This is in bugzilla, but if
you find other bugs in Rawhide - please submit them there.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.