On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Christopher Abbey wrote:
> Yesterday, Dan B wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be swell if RedHat released an updated ISO image that included
> > the new 2.2.17 kernel?  Much like they did with the respin ISO because of
> > updated up2date packages?
>
> I hate to say it, but why bother with 2.2.17 when 2.2.18 is out, and
> 2.2.19 will hopefully be out soon? (I hope to build a 2.2.19-pre16
> with the full redhat patch collection this weekend, if anyone's interested
> in a patched source rpm mail me off list.)

Be careful with some of the patches. I tried doing that awhile ago, but ran
into a problem with software raid support. The software raid patch for 2.2.18
patched in just fine, but it didn't work at all, in fact it broke software raid
support all together. After a few emails to the maintainer of the software raid
patch, he did fix it.

Anyway, just something to keep in mind before making a new kernel rpm and
moving past the officially supported kernel and it's patches.

--
Dan Cyr - Stratabase Network/Systems Administrator
101-34595 3rd Avenue Abbotsford BC, V2S 8B7

"If you don't want your mistakes pointed out, stop making them."
- ME