I'm using lilo, rather than grub. But I played around with the e2label command, and discovered that / is actually /dev/sda10, rather than /dev/sda2. So, should my root= line be point to /dev/sda10?

Gordon Messmer wrote:

Are you sure that the kernel is mounting the correct root patition? If your grub configuration tells the kernel to mount a root partitoin with LABEL=/, then use e2label to check the labels on all of your ext3 partitions. Make sure that only one is labeled "/".

Dana Holland    [EMAIL PROTECTED] 903-875-7355
Navarro College    Corsicana, TX
http://www.navarrocollege.edu/staff_pages/dana/dana.html