On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Roger D Carney <rcar...@godaddy.com>
wrote:

> We moved the discussion onto Validate and Jody provided an overview of the
> problem space and the proposed solution. There was a general agreement that
> this proposal sounds good and seems like a logical business issue to
> resolve. There was some discussion on the possible need to be able to
> refine this “validate” down to the exact domain name. The draft does allow
> for this though it was not in the original goals. Jim and Antoin talked
> about this whole “validate” concept possibly being larger and may need to
> examined in totality (e.g. with allocation token and verification code). Do
> they belong together or stay separate, should there be a “higher” framework
> that pulls together the idea of validation/verification?

What might also be necessary to consider for validation: there are geoTLDs
that do not require a certain contact type to be out of their region, but
rather the policy says that either the registrant or the tech-c or the
admin-c have to be out of that region. The draft allows to state multiple
contact types in one check command, but currently the text does not say if
these contacts are validated separately or if all these contacts are
considered to be then linked to the same domain.

Another situation that seems not be discussed in this meeting is community
TLDs with policies that do out of band validation and accept several
different proofs that you belong to that community. So it is not as simple
as the VATID example in the draft. Hence, I’m not sure if the key value
mechanism could easily cover such scenarios.

Thanks,

Karl