Marc,

Precedence has been set in JSON Values Registry of RFC 9083 with the “notice
and remark type” to support an enumerated set of notices and remarks with the
use of the “type” field.  If a similar approach was taken for the reason in
draft-gould-regext-rdap-redacted, the reason member would need to be
restructured in a similar fashion to the “notices” and “remarks” in RFC 9083.
Meaning make it a JSON object with a optional “description” member and an
optional “type” member, where the “type” member will match the registered type
in the JSON Values Registry.  We would then need to add a new JSON Values
Registry type for redaction reasons to enable the registration of them.  I
recommend adding the JSON Values Registry type “redaction reason” for this
purpose.  The optional “reason” member would then look like the following:

# Reason with an unregistered description
"reason" :
{

   “description” : “Client request”

}

# Reason with only a registered type
“reason” :
{

   “type” : “Client request"

}

# Reason with both a registered type and a description
“reason” :
{

   “type” : “Client request"

   “description” : “Client requested to have the field redacted”

}

Does this look consistent with the approach taken in RFC 9083 and address your
feedback?

Thanks,

--

JG