From: regext <regext-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Antoin Verschuren
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:55 AM
To: regext@ietf.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [regext] WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-regext-epp-eai-04

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

Dear WG,

This WGLC will end tonight, and so far we only have 2 explicit voices of
support.

This is a bit low to declare consensus. Could more people voice their
support?

Scott, can you confirm that the changes in version 05 address your initial
concerns?

[SAH] Not yet fixed completely:

Section 6 still doesn't explain why "Registries SHOULD validate the domain
names syntax in the provided email addresses". I suggested this text in an
earlier note:

"Registries SHOULD ensure that the provided email addresses are
syntactically valid to reduce the risk of future usability errors."

The IANA Considerations section still uses "eai-0.3". It should be
"eai-1.0".

Scott