I did a review of the latest version of the draft
(draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-10), and below is my feedback:

  1.  Abstract
     *   It states, “This document describes RDAP query extensions”.
Shouldn’t it be “this document describes an RDAP query extension” in the
singular form?
  2.  Introduction
     *   It is not clear what adopted ad hoc strategies effectively mitigate
the impact of reverse searches.  Additionally, a standard search is much less
powerful than implementing a reverse search, so I don’t view them as equivalent
from a server processing perspective.  Some clarity of how a standard search is
equivalent to a reverse search would be helpful or I would remove the statement.
     *   How is the domain-entity relationship treated with a special focus on
its privacy implications?  Clarification would be helpful.
  3.  RDAP Path Segment Specification
     *   Is it defining OPTIONAL extensions or an OPTIONAL extension?  I
believe the specification is defining a single RDAP extension, so the singular
form would be better.
     *   The searchable-resource-type is limited to only resource types defined
in RFC 9082.  Shouldn’t it also support new resource types defined by future
RDAP extensions?  My recommendation is to have it read “it MUST be one of the
resource types for searched defined in Section 3.2 of [RFC9082] or a resource
type extension, …”.
     *   The related-resource-type is limited to only resource types defined in
RFC 9082.  Shouldn’t it also support new resource types defined by future RDAP
extensions?  My recommendation is to have it read “it MUST be one of the
resource types for lookup defined in Section 3.1 of [RFC9082] or a resource
type extension…”.
  4.  RDAP Conformance
     *   Based on the definition of a single value, the specification is
defining a single RDAP extension and not multiple RDAP extensions as indicated
in the Abstract and Introduction.

--

JG

[cid:image001.png@01D85946.08164690]