Tom,

Thank you for bringing this up, since I was overly focused on the Domain Name
Registries (DNRs).   Will the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) redact via
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-redacted, and will the Redaction by Replacement Value
Method be used?

Signaling the replacement of a property is straight forward, with Figure 5 as
an example.  The main complexity comes with replacing the property using a
different property, with Figure 7 as an example.  Do you have the path
reference the property that is being replaced (email), the property that is
replacing (contact-uri), or do you reference both (email and contact-uri)?
Figure 7 references the property that is replacing (contact-uri), but a case
could be made to point to the property that is being replaced.  In the end, I'm
thinking that it may be better to add another optional path (replacementPath)
for use of pointing to the property that is replacing (contact-uri) the
redacted property (email).

Thoughts?

--

JG

James Gould
Fellow Engineer
jgo...@verisign.com
<applewebdata://13890C55-AAE8-4BF3-A6CE-B4BA42740803/jgo...@verisign.com>

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

Verisign.com <http://verisigninc.com/>

On 5/19/22, 9:06 PM, "Tom Harrison" <t...@apnic.net> wrote:

    Hi all,

    On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 03:57:41PM +0200, Mario Loffredo wrote:
    > I know that entities mapped to EPP contacts cannot support multiple
    > emails but such contacts match only a subset of the roles defined in
    > RDAP so, in theory, they don't cover all the cases.

    We have entities with multiple email addresses in our system.  For
    example:

        $ curl -s rdap.apnic.net/entity/IRT-01LINK-HK | jq '.vcardArray[1]'
        [
          "email",
          {},
          "text",