From: regext <regext-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Jody Kolker
<jkolker=40godaddy....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 at 7:59 AM
To: Steve Crocker <st...@shinkuro.com>, "Hollenbeck, Scott"
<shollenbeck=40verisign....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [regext] EPP Transport Service Discovery

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Just adding my 2 cents.

It seems that designing and implementing a discovery system seems to be a bit
complicated and will take some time to design and complete.  Every registry
will be contacting registrars when a new system is enabled, or at least should
be.  I don’t see a huge benefit of adding a service discovery system compared
to the amount of time it will take to design and implement.  I would rather we
spend our time defining the separate transport system than designing a
discovery system.

Thanks,
Jody Kolker
319-329-9805  (mobile)

Please contact my direct supervisor Scott Courtney
(scourt...@godaddy.com<mailto:scourt...@godaddy.com>) with any feedback.

This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only by the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this message and its
attachments.