Eugene's tattoo example is very helpful for teeing up what has seemed to me
to be the important distinction here (one I've tried to stress in my
earlier posts):

I think one big reason that most of us, unlike Eugene, are opposed to an
anti-circumcision law is because most men who were circumcised at birth are
grateful that they were -- or at least indifferent.  That is to say,
there's little to no correlation between the law and the honoring of the
individual's own wishes.  If, at some point, most (or even many) men came
to resent this earlier choice of their parents, and were of the view that
they'd rather not have been circumcised, then I think many of us would be
much more sympathetic to the state stepping in to protect the choice the
boy likely "would have made" at birth, notwithstanding what his parents
preferred, and even where the parents' religion mandated the circumcision.
In that case, this would appear to be far more analogous to tattoos
(although even harder to undo) or, more analogous still, to female genital
mutilation.

But perhaps that's just me.  Can I ask the rest of you who agree with me
and Chip and Howard, et al. -- and who disagree with Eugene -- that an
anti-circumcision law now would be deeply unwise and/or contrary to our
constitutional tradition and/or violative of Troxel and/or a Free Exercise
or RFRA violation:  Would your views change if many or most men regretted
the decisions that their parents made to circumcise them -- more men, that
is, than those who regret that their parents chose *not *to circumcise
them?  Would such a law become wiser, more tolerable, more constitutional,
in that world?