dgrapach wrote:
I am looking for a Micor to build a 220 mhz repeater. I was told the
micor is the one to look for . What are the model numbers I should
look for in the micor line to convert and where can I get one ?

Thanks
Denny

Denny,

Basically *any* high-band Micor is a good candidate for a 220 conversion, the 162 to 174 MHz model is preferred, but not totally necessary.
In the Micor radio numbering system, band split isn't one of the things that is told (unlike GE) from viewing the front panel model number, so you have to rely on the TLD numbers of the individual boards.
The radio Model Number stamped on the front will be T43, T53, or T73 followed by a bunch of other numbers.  The "3" is the important part, as the 4 - 7 relates to the Output Power 4 being 45 watt, 5 being 60 watt, and 7 being 100 to 110 watt.  Since the PA is discarded in a 220 conversion, pay no attention to the power number.  If you can get the covers off the radio set (you do have a 2135 key, right?) look for a TLDXXX4 on the receiver.  The XXX can be anything, as the 4 is the important number (162 to 174 MHz.)  A 3, in place of the 4, is going to be more common as many more 150.8 to 162 MHz radios were produced, and, if that's all you can find, so be it... they work just fine too.

Here is a handy reference:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/micor/pix/micor-mobile-and-base-model-numbers.gif>

Be sure you use the modern conversion method for the receiver and exciter as outlined on this part of my site:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/222menu.html>

You can find one easily on eBay, or from Scott at Repeater Builder.  If you are looking to do the conversion yourself, Scott can sell you a tested radio set, or, if you are looking to have one built, Scott is your man there as well:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/micor220conversion.html>

Kevin Custer