--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "A. Bright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> yeah, and just wait until they announce they are filing for a patent,
>   since it is a "first of its' kind device"!

Something tells me that this is not a normal repeater.  A repeater,
yes, in that it retransmits on another frequency.  But, my guess is
that it is configurable in the field to be able to connect one radio
to another, or more than one to another, so that government entities
and/or utilities can talk directly.  We have such a unit in our county
communications trailer.  It is programmed simply with a laptop.  In
seconds you can make any radio in the trailer talk to another, within
the limitations of interference, of course.

Not sure, but it COULD be first of its kind...

Laryn K8TVZ