Need help cutting cable lengths

How do I cut odd multiples of quater waves, on a 75 ohm cable Belden
8213  84 % velocity factor. I tried using 984 / freq  445.000.
Fifth multiple is 27.869 inches. Do I measure overall length after I
install connector? Cable is terminated with a 100 ohm resistor.
Feeding with a 50 ohm Ht.
Measuring through a bird meter return loss is always better at above
target freq 445.000. Does the bird enter into the length ?

We tried a cable 15 3/8" overall length terminated with 100ohm
resistor and measured on a network analyzer and got the best return
loss of -35dB at 179 Mhz and -22dB at 516 Mhz.  These frequencies
still don't match our calculated frequencies for this length.  Is
this shifted because the 75 ohm impedence of the cable is not
exactly right to match a 50ohm source to a 100ohm load at quarter
wave multiples?

I am trying to find the lengths to make a cable harness for a folded
dipole array.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Denny