[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm particularly interested in any shortcomings of the G.E. that are not easily
overcome.

Repeatability of a band split conversion, out of band (high-band to 222) conversion, (where sensitivity is concerned) and tuning stability.

It seems that *some* MASTR II receivers will come out better than others. You can have 3 like receivers in high-band with the same high-band sensitivity and tune them 2M and have 3 different sensitivity values. 220 is similar, some come out good, some don't. Anything can be made work if messed with long enough. You usually don't have to mess with the MICOR stuff much; it works equally well with each conversion. Very very few VHF MICOR receivers that work well originally don't convert well, 220 or otherwise. The UHF MICOR is a whole other story....

Here is an overview of my opinion. This is based on converting literally hundreds of receivers, MVP, MASTR II, EXEC II and MICOR: