Thank you all!!

That was exactly it, the LM-1877!

Actually, now that you mention it, I recall seeing it in my Forest Mimms books
from Radio Shack years ago.

And Mike, thanks for confirming the details of the circuit operation for me.

Thanks again!

Albert

BTW, I thought I posted a reply earlier this evening but I haven't seen it yet.
If two messages pop up from me it is because Yahoo is retarded.