David Cox wrote:

It has been quiet here. I was hoping this list would produce the
definitive HOWTO for rebuilding RHEL, rather than another distro.

Yes - I sort of thought that was the idea of this list. To share ideas and create a solution. Maybe I missed the point ;).

I've been able to completely build RHEL 2.1AS on a RHL 7.2 box without ANY modifications to the SRPMS, and I've hinted at that here but nobody seems interested since 3.0 hit the shelves which I can understand. However, I suspect that RHEL 3.0 can also be built in the same way with the right build order and set of trials. Maybe a new HOWTO is in order as the one on the site is a little out of date since RHEL 3.0 appeared.

--
Nige.

PixExcel Limited