Hi Lars,

the way you typically do this is showed in this example:
http://rifers.org/07_authentication/src/

Notably:
http://rifers.org/07_authentication/src/elements/credentials.xml.html
http://rifers.org/07_authentication/src/sites/authentication.xml.html
http://rifers.org/07_authentication/src/implementations/tutorial/ authentication/Credentials.java.html

As you can see, the LOGIN_BOX element has a submission that once it's sent will cause the implementation to activate the "logout" exit. This exit goes to a "passthrough" logout element, which after execution snaps back to the LOGIN_BOX element. As far as the engine is concerned, this is a new request and the LOGIN_BOX element will halt at the authentication again.

You can find more information about snapbacks here:
http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Snapbacks

I hope this helps,

Geert