Geert Bevin wrote:
So it sounds like I should have my getInstance() method call waitUntilFinished() to force it to wait for the initialization to finish? (I'm subclassing BlockingParticipant.) I will update the Wiki.
That's a good solution indeed.

Turned out to be a bit more complicated than that because Spring creates a separate instance of my factory object (hence the need for static variables in the first place.) So calling waitUntilFinished() does no good, because the Spring-created instance of the factory will never finish its RIFE-side initialization!

However, it's the right general idea; I implemented my own waitUntilFinished() logic that uses statics and it appears to work. I've updated the Wiki with the new code.

-Steve