Guys, that's brilliant thank you! I found a SET setting in WMP 'Advanced
Tag Editor', which I set to 1/2 and 2/2, but this didn't do anything
even after making sure that multi-disc setting was set to not see them
as single albums.

Looks like this weekend will be spent down loading MP3Tag and trying
settings there! Is it easy for a tagging novice to use, and by changing
things using MP3Tag will it screw up how WMP 11 sees it, as this is my
wife preferred player from the PC?

- Greenparent -

Lounge: SB Touch - Sherwood AV 5.1 Amp - Gale 5.1 Surround Speakers
Dinning Room: SB Touch - Panasonic Micro Hi-Fi System
Spare Bedroom: SB 3 Classic - Trio Stereo Amp - Mordaunt Short MS 25
Speakers
Kitchen: SB Boom
Office/Study: SB 3 Classic
Bedroom : SB Boom with Alarm Set (actually works!)
All running from Tranquil Server WHS 2011