Problem solved as best I can tell so far.

I found a few solutions... Yes, those options for rdimport that you
mention, Wayne are not in the published list. I used the enddate-offset
option and it works great. However, I could not figure out the syntax for
using --set-datetimes. Is there an updated list of options with how to use
them for rdimport somewhere? Wayne, if you have a more complete list, would
you mind sharing it?

The solution I chose uses rdimport in a script with a cron job to import
the downloaded files from the amb-ux folder. I can easily offset the end
date to make it equal the start date which accomplishes what we were doing
manually.

Another solution suggested was to use rdcatch which I am still playing
with. It requires rdcatch to "download" the files from the amb-ux folder at
a set time each day so that it assigns or makes available that file for the
day, if I understand how it works. This does not suit us as well but I will
keep trying ways to use it.

The other option requires using a windows machine running the Amb-os GUI,
to either change the files to wav (native MP2) and eliminate the cart
chunk, then import them with the offset date desired, or it looks like one
could leave them in MP2 and have them import at set times or replace file
dates... not sure yet.

The only disadvantage I see so far to what I am doing is that if we change
our program selection, we will need to update the script to reflect the
changes. I am assuming that the cartchunk dating will stay consistent from
Amb-os. So far it has. The good thing is that this solution stays within
linux with one simple script and runs on its own.  We'll see how it goes.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute