am spus anterior ca mi-e greu sa cred ca Albright ar fi putut spune ceva atat de scandalos si imoral ... am gresit. aveti dreptate, a spus asta cuvant cu cuvant.

in 2003 si-a cerut scuze pentru afirmatie (i-a luat 7 ani...), in memoriile ei ("Madam Secretary" - p. 275):

"I must have been crazy; I should have answered the question by reframing it and pointing out the inherent flaws in the premise behind it. Saddam Hussein could have prevented any child from suffering simply by meeting his obligations.... As soon as I had spoken, I wished for the power to freeze time and take back those words. My reply had been a terrible mistake, hasty, clumsy and wrong. Nothing matters more than the lives of innocent people. I had fallen into the trap and said something I simply did not mean. That was no one’s fault but my own."

cu stima,

A.R.

Vali Nas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> P.S.S."Da, merita moartea a 500.000 de copii irakieni, pentru
> pedepsirea unui singur om: Saddam Hussein", a afirmat în direct
> la CBS, Madeline Albright, fostul Secretar de Stat american

Declaratia respectiva intr-o emisiune din ciclul "60 minutes" transmisa in
12 mai 1996:

CBS Reporter Lesley Stahl (speaking of post-war sanctions against Iraq):
"We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more
children than died in Hiroshima. And - and you know, is the price worth it?"

Madeleine Albright (at that time, US Ambassador to the UN):
"I think this is a very hard choice, but the price - we think the price is
worth it."

Secventa video la http://home.comcast.net/~dhamre/albright.avi (1.2 MB) sau
audio la http://home.comcast.net/~dhamre/worthit.wav (195 KB)

Vali

*** sustineti [romania_eu_list] prin 1% din impozitul pe 2005 -
detalii la http://www.europe.org.ro/euroatlantic_club/unulasuta.php ***

Do you Yahoo!?

*** sustineti [romania_eu_list] prin 1% din impozitul pe 2005 -
detalii la http://www.europe.org.ro/euroatlantic_club/unulasuta.php ***

Yahoo! Groups Links

Raspunde prin e-mail lui