On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:50:03 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

>   I have just pushed some significant changes to master.  If you
>normally use the latest in master, please pull, build, and test.  If you
>don't normally work with the latest, now might be a good time to try it.
>  See the following wiki page for more:
>
>https://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/dev:building_rosegarden_from_source
>
>   If you are a plugin user, we need LADSPA effect plugins and DSSI
>synth plugins regression tested.  Changes have been made in these areas
>and we want to be sure nothing has broken for you for the 24.06 release.
>
>   For all users, all normal use cases involving MIDI and audio need
>regression testing.  Use rg like you normally would.
>
>   And now the real announcement...
>
>   This update includes Philip's work over the past year on support for
>LV2 plugins.  See Feature Request 462.  It is currently considered
>"experimental" and needs testing as well, but please be sure to test the
>non-LV2 cases mentioned above first.
>
>   You'll need to install two packages on your system in order to build
>with LV2 support: liblilv and libgtk2.0.  For Debian-based, something
>like this should work:
>
>   apt install liblilv-dev
>   apt install libgtk2.0-dev
>
>   Now re-run cmake and it should find those:
>
>   -- The following features have been enabled:
>    * LILV, The Lilv library, for lv2 plugins
>
>   -- Found GTK2_GTK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so
>
>   To turn on LV2 support within rg, go to Edit > Preferences... > LV2
>Plugin Support (experimental).  Make sure that is checked and restart
>rg.  LV2 plugins will now appear in the various plugin dialogs.
>
>   We will be keeping feature request 462 open for the initial round of
>comments.  Please post any findings there:
>
>https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/feature-requests/462/
>
>   Once again, LV2 support is *experimental*, so be prepared for crashes.
>
>Ted.

I only had time for a quick look at the LV2 side (with Yoshimi) - couldn't
really get anywhere with it. The GUI didn't come up properly. The non-LC2 side
seemed OK.

Can't say much more than that, I've got a lot going on at the moment :(

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/