From: Dave Minch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 2:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: registry and repository

Chris,
It looks good - just a couple of additional thoughts on the repository:

3. There is only one copy...  -- this probably isn't needed as a statement
in the requirements, because it would tend to limit one's flexibility to
post a primary & alternate address (which can be provided for in the
registry), or for a Plan to contract with a CH to use their repository to
post a second copy. From a conceptual point of view, of course, you are
correct that the CPP itself isn't distributed across several repositories.

2. The repository remains under the direct control of the trading partner to
whom it refers ("the owner").  This statement would also tend to exclude
Business Associate relationships -- e.g. where an entity wants to contract
with a third party to use their services which may include posting a CPP for
them.  I would add the term "or their contracted agent" at the end of the
sentence just to keep that door open.

Hope to hear other feedback on the concept since it will form the base of
where we go from here.  BTW, I need to get some terms defined for the
business requirements workflow -- needed to create the business processes
use cases which are then used in classification of the CPP data sets.  As I
recall, there were some defined terms put out a few months back, but I can't
find them now. Anyone know who developed them and where they are?

Dave Minch
T&CS Project Manager
John Muir / Mt. Diablo Health System
Walnut Creek, CA