veering off topic... what does "Ferret is nice, until you try to make it run
in production." mean exactly? i've seen mention that ferret has problems in
production but i don't understand what other use you'd want it for. just to
develop an idea but never put into production?

agreed on sphinx being a better solution though. my recommendation would be
thinking sphinx.

RSL