Hey all!

Ok, weird problem with observer.  Most of the time, the after_create
of UserObserver isn't called. It's like it just skips it altogether.
However, when I stop the server, add a line "debugger" in the
after_create block, and restart the server with the debugger option,
and try creating a user again, the callback is executed! If I remove
the debugger in the block and restart the server, it's back to
ignoring it. Another thing, if I leave the debugger line in the
after_create block, but restart the server _without_ the debugger
option, when I create a user I see in the logs:

***** Debugger requested, but was not available: Start server with
--debugger to enable *****

So, it tells me that it somewhat enters the after_create method but
doesn't execute my BackgroundRB Middleman job?

Anyone else see this behavior before?

I asked around in #rubyonrails in freenode and someone mentioned that
it might be because I'm running it in development mode.  He vaguely
remembers a way to run observers properly.  I want it to run in
development too, of course.  Funny thing is, as far as I can tell, my
after_save methods are always called.

I hope you guys can help.

Thanks!
--