I tried manually defining @album like so

     id=1
     @review=Review.new(params[:review])
     @review.album=Album.find(id)
     @review.save

Because of this, I don't think it's that @album was not defined.  Also as I
brought up before, and I think this is key in showing their is something
fundamentally wrong in my set up, the association doesn't even work at the
command line.

Ex:
a=Album.find(1)
r=Review.new
r.album=a

This yields an error that says "NoMethodError: undefined method 'album=' for
#<Review:......"

Any insight?