I'm sorry if I misunderstood the purpose of your plugins then. I've come
across your site several times before through Google searches (on RoR
and SaaS) and from the descriptions, the focus seemed really on the
billing aspect.

That being said, I don't buy the "common sense" argument when designing
SaaS with RoR -- I do think there's more than that when we move to more
serious applications, with many users, especially (though not only) in
an enterprise setting.

For small apps, true, common sense says things can be nice and easy. But
go to thousands of users, hundreds of tables and simultaneous requests
and you got a different set of needs.