I have been trying to find a way to stop a long running action.  The
method I have been trying is using an around filter with the
Terminator gem (http://www.lindsaar.net/2008/9/11/terminator-timeout-
without-mercy)  however the Terminator gem doesn't seem to play well
with mongrel.  testing it in script/console gives the expected
results, but when I use it with script/server Terminator halts the
mongrel entirely.  I dug through mongrel Signal.trap calls and tried a
few different signals, but I never got anything to work.  I tried both
the standard Timeout Module and SystemTimer with even less luck.  So
the question is, has anyone else been able to get a similar setup
working?  How would you stop long running requests?
Thanks,
Doug