On 23 Nov 2008, at 19:07, Alfredo Rico Moros <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi to everyboy.. I need your help in order to know if I get wrong..
>
> I have this migration file:
>
> class CreateSpecifications < ActiveRecord::Migration
>  def self.up
>    create_table :specifications do |t|
>      t.string :tolerancia
>      t.integer :umbral
>
>      t.timestamps
>    end
>  end
>
>  def self.down
>    drop_table :specifications
>  end
> end
>
> I put some data by mean of script/console
> Specification.create(:umbral => 33, :tolerancia => 'alta')
> Specification.create(:umbral => 23, :tolerancia => 'alta')
> Specification.create(:umbral => 12, :tolerancia => 'baja')
> Specification.create(:umbral => 33, :tolerancia => 'baja')
>
> Then when I run the following statement
> Specification.find(:all, :select => 'tolerancia, sum(umbral) as
> total', :group => 'tolerancia')
>
> I get the following:
> [#<Specification tolerancia: "alta">, #<Specification tolerancia:
> "baja">]
>
> Where is my total field??? How could I get it???

The default display for activerecord objects only shows attributes
corresponding to columns on the table.    It's there - just not
displayed. Call the total method to read it ( although in this case
i'd just use the sum method instead of find)

Fred

> Besides, whit the following statement:
>>> Specification.find(:first, :select => 'now() as ahora')
> => #<Specification >
>
> Where is my field 'ahora'?

Same as above