On 5 January 2012 18:09, Peter Vandenabeele <pe...@vandenabeele.com> wrote:

> If you mean "atomic" on the level of saving to the database
> (all or nothing), you would need a database transaction.
>
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Transactions/ClassMethods.html
>
> Second, to circumvent the problem of the uniqueness validation,
> I see 2 solutions:
> <snip>

Oh, it's clearer now. And, yes I have *just* saw in rails' apidocs that I
should do add_index on the DB level too - to prevent possible clashes.
Didn't know that until now, thanks.

I guess that I will start with the first solution then. And maybe will
improve it to be the latter if find the need too.

Thanks, Peter!