I am running into problems testing with Xapian and Sphinx, both off-line index
updating search engines (i.e., adding/changing an indexed record puts the re
uest into a queue with the actual work done in a cronjob).  To test I can load
the fixtures, build the index, and run tests successfully that don't add new
records or modify the fixtures.  But I can figure out how to get the indexes
updated between the DB modify and the search.  For Xapian I am doing the
following from within the test program:

`rake xapian:update_index flush=true RAILS_ENV=test`

The new record doesn't make it into the index, though it does get added to the
acts_as_xapian table.

TIA,
  Jeffrey