On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:00 AM, subbarao <subbarao....@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
> On Tuesday 31 January 2012 10:43 AM, sachin kewale wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM, subbarao <subbarao....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   On Monday 30 January 2012 01:16 PM, sachin kewale wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM, sachin kewale <sachinkew...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> hi all,
>>>    i have captcha image on Registration popup but on local the captcha
>>> image and code is not coming.
>>>    i have install RMagick and gd2 gem also.It gives following error,
>>>
>>>   MissingSourceFile (no such file to load -- GD):
>>>   lib/captcha_image.rb:22
>>>   app/controllers/login_controller.rb:385:in `sign_up'
>>>   -e:2:in `load'
>>>   -e:2
>>>
>>> is anyone who used captcha on local machine ?
>>>
>>> thanks in advanced.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Sachin S. Kewale
>>>

>> hi all,
>>    is any one know how to use captcha on locally ? i am using following
>> ror environment,
>>    ruby 1.8.7 (2011-02-18 patchlevel 334) [i386-mingw32],
>>    Rails 2.3.11
>>    ruby gem version:1.6.2
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards
>>  Sachin S. Kewale
>>
>>  --
>>
>> I used Recaptcha plugin from google and recaptcha plugin
>>
>> for me it working fine. If u want you can also try.
>>  --
>>

> hi ,
>  thanks for reply can you please send the steps to used Recaptcha plugin
> in ROR application ?
>  It would be really helpful.
>
> --
> Regards
> Sachin S. Kewale

> register in the below link to get your api key
>
> http://www.google.com/recaptcha
>
> put below line in your gem file
>
> gem 'recaptcha', :require => 'recaptcha/rails'
>
> put you api keys in config/environment.rb filr
>

> ENV['RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> ENV['RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY'] = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
>
> you can verify recaptcha conditions in controller methods by
> verify_recaptcha varible
>

> ex:-
>
> if !verify_recaptcha
> #do operations
> end
>
>  --

can you tell me in which gem file i have to put this line
gem 'recaptcha', :require => 'recaptcha/rails'
also,  i have getting the public and private keys for live domain so shall
those keys are used for
local environment also ? also i read on some site that

Download the zip file for the reCAPTCHA WordPress CAPTCHA plugin.
Unzip the recaptcha folder into your WordPress wp-content/plugins directory.

is this necessary ?