Fra: rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com] På vegne af XonX
Sendt: 6. februar 2012 02:16
Til: Ruby on Rails: Talk
Emne: [Rails] Can't complete the Getting Started tutorial due to
ExecJS::RuntimeError in Home#index

I have just installed Rails 3.2.1 on my Xubuntu using the gem system and I try
to make the tutorial http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
and on section 4.3 Setting the Application Home Page I get the following error

ExecJS::RuntimeError in Home#index

Showing /home/xonx/rails/blog/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb
where line #6 raised:

  (in /home/xonx/rails/blog/app/assets/javascripts/home.js.coffee)
Extracted source (around line #6):

3: <head>
4:   <title>Blog</title>
5:   <%= stylesheet_link_tag    "application", :media => "all" %>
6:   <%= javascript_include_tag "application" %>
7:   <%= csrf_meta_tags %>
8: </head>
9: <body>
Rails.root: /home/xonx/rails/blog

I was doing everything exactly as said in the tutorial and don't understand
what the problem might be.