Hello Everyone,
  I am new to Ruby.  My application revolves around the user having a
"Customer" object and having that customer id in the session.  Right now
I have a customer service which creates the customer or finds one that
has been created and adds the id to the session.  However, I can't
guarantee that the customer service will be the first one hit when my
application starts up.

So my question is, what is the best way to ensure the creation or
presence of a Customer object and customer id in the session regardless
of which service is hit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.